Director of Communications and Development Search
Position Title: Director of Communications and Development
Reports to: UPC Head of Staff or Co-Pastor Directly
Status: Full Time
The Director of Communications and Development tells the story of University Presbyterian Church in a way that invites and inspires a deeper commitment to a life of discipleship. Specifically, this person collaborates with church leaders to spotlight the church’s mission in ways that encourages healthy stewardship.
Bachelors Degree in Communications, Non-Profit/Business Administration or related field of study. Demonstrated computer skills particularly in Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, database, social media, and desktop publishing applications.
Experience in development office or annual fund drives.
Demonstrated competence with graphic design, layout, planning production, and deadlines.
Savviness in grammar and the written word.
- Oversee the weekly and monthly production of creative publications, both print and web.
- Provide leadership and strategic planning among ministry teams including stewardship, planned giving, endowment, and future capital campaigns.
- Coordinate with staff and volunteers to gather and record the stories to spotlight the church’s vision.
- Equip church leadership in cultivating donor relations.
- Craft and focus University Presbyterian’s web and social media presence, bringing the same eye towards invitation and inspiration as our print media.
- Follow through on other duties as assigned.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
Managing Vision and Purpose– Communicates a compelling and inspired vision, and draws in others to help illustrate and illuminate core purpose. Makes the vision shareable.
Design-Minded – Imagine and re-imagine an aesthetic for our publications that is responsive to the desired impact of our common ministry.
Written Communication – Generate written content in response to objectives determined by the staff team.
Volunteer Management – Engage volunteers and direct their efforts to serve the intended impact of our communication and stewardship ministry.
Organizational Acumen– Understands the cultures of organizations, is attentive to trends, and gets things done through formal channels and the informal network.