Now Hiring: Director of Youth Ministries
To our future Director of Youth Ministries,
Greetings from University Presbyterian Church (UPC) in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. We don’t know who you are yet. We don’t know if you are a morning person or a night owl (or perhaps the rare unicorn who is both). We don’t know if you put both socks on first and then your shoes or adhere to the Sock-Shoe-Sock-Shoe method. We don’t know what your walk-up song would be, but we are eager to find out as we look for a committed Christian leader to minister with and among our youth.
Grace and Gratitude are the foundation for everything we do at UPC. As the recipients of God’s unconditional love, we respond to that gift with deep thanksgiving in every aspect of our lives. This is the frame for all ministry in this family of faith. For this reason, there are no “shoulds” lobbed at our students, and guilt is simply not in our toolbox. UPC seeks a partner who will help us establish that foundation for our young people.
The Director of Youth Ministries provides vision, direction, and implementation of all programming for youth (6th-12th grade) that is responsive to a dynamic and changing culture and context but rooted in deep discipleship.
- In partnership with the Youth Committee, envisions and directs educational and faith formation programming for 6th-12th grade students.
- Provides pastoral care support for youth and their families in tandem with program staff.
- Provides for the organization and leadership for youth trips and retreats to further faith development outside the walls of UPC.
- Recruits, trains, equips, and supports youth ministry volunteers for Sunday school, youth group, confirmation, small groups, travel experiences, etc.
- Helps youth cultivate intergenerational relationships within the church community.
- Collaborates with other UPC program staff and volunteers to invite youth deeper into the larger life of the Church.
- Provides opportunities for youth parents to enjoy fellowship, education, and support.
- Creatively attends to the transition children experience between Children’s ministry and Youth ministry.
- Worship leadership – frequency determined in consultation with supervisor
- Participate in Session meetings
- Service to the larger church through conference/retreat leadership
Click the button below to read the full job description. Please send resume and a cover letter including responses to the questions found on the last page to Jarrett McLaughlin (firstname.lastname@example.org) by midnight on Sunday, April 16.