University Presbyterian Church is seeking a Temporary Part-Time Parish Associate
- This is not an installed pastoral relationship.
- This position will be filled by an ordained person (open to ecumenical backgrounds)
and will work under care of the Presbytery of New Hope at the discretion of the Session of University Presbyterian Church.
Part Time pay (commensurate for 20 hours per work week) and full time benefits.
We look forward to welcoming a new compassionate leader to our staff team.
Position Title: Temporary Parish Associate
Reports to: UPC Head of Staff or Co-Pastor Directly
Status: Part Time
The Temporary Parish Associate will care for adult disciples at University Presbyterian Church in the areas of pastoral care, education and vocation.
Masters of Divinity
- Provide pastoral care – both acute and ongoing – as a part of the pastoral team. Primary focus will be homebound, those in retirement communities. Assist in weddings, funerals, and special services as needed.
- Shepherd newcomers into places of belonging and serving. Maintain system for attentiveness to vocation within and outside the church.
- Provide leadership to Adult Education Committee, inclusive of planning and resourcing where needed.
- Serve as staff liaison to Presbyterian Women.
- Lead in worship liturgy occasionally.
- Other duties as assigned by the Co-Pastor.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
Compassion — genuinely cares about others, offers non-anxious pastoral presence in times of crisis and grief
Connection – ability to engage people and passions in order to foster relationships and growth
Delegation — clearly and comfortably delegates tasks, engages the expertise and skill of others to build broad support for work to be done
Organizing — can manage time and information effectively and efficiently, reliable follow-through communication
Priority Setting – quickly zeros in on the critical and puts the trivial aside